Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Have You Read . . .?

I love to read.  When asked "What are your Hobbies?"  I only have one - reading. I have cross stitched in the past.  I do like to shop but only when I have money, and is that really a hobby anyway?  I love the idea of gardening, cooking, bird watching, sewing, etc., etc., etc. I've heard a lot of people say they don't have time to read, they wish they had more time to read, they used to read, and so on.  You know what I've learned?  You make time for what you enjoy.  Even when I had five small kids at home, I found time to read.  Maybe the house wasn't spotless, supper wasn't gourmet, I didn't grow our own food, but I somehow found time to read. Anyway, I have been thinking about books I've read. You know one of the best parts about reading books is sharing those books with others.  With all that said, here are some of my favorite books. (I'll tell you a secret:  I've read most of these books at least twice.)
If you've read any of them, tell me what you thought.  










2 comments:

Dreaming said...

The only one I've read is Hatchet.... and funny, just the other day I was thinking of Brian eating the fruit that made him so sick.
I love Paulsen's books. Have you read Winterdance?

Sally said...

Two favorites from a very long time ago. Mrs. Mike and
Sacajawea. (sp)

I'll have to check some of the other books you have listed.

I notice you haven't blogger in 2012. Wonder, are you planning to?